Approach to Radiation
- Environmental Monitoring - Stack
and site perimeter for particulate and tritium.
- Facility Surveys - work areas,
waste packaging, Mock-up, RWHF, adjacent facility areas.
- Personnel Monitoring - bioassay,
whole body count, digital dosimeters, whole body scan for beta
gamma (when exiting work area).
- Job Coverage and Monitoring -
one HP per 4-5 workers (3 tasks simultaneously), exposure
monitoring to tritium and gamma, surface monitoring.
- Release of Equipment - scan for
beta-gamma (no detectable), 1,000 dpm/100 cm2 for tritium surface
contamination. (may change to 10,000 dpm/100cm2).
- Radioactive Waste
Characterization - smear for tritium by system and estimate
surface area. Gamma survey on loaded containers for other
- Containment - tents for diamond
wire cutting using engineered ventilation.
- Cutting - Baseline plan to cut
all metals with shears except for VV. PF coils and pump